Monday, October 6, 2008

Retraction

Okay, I've had about 4 days to think about that "It's Official" post, and I think I'd like to make a retraction. I DON'T hate my job... But I DO hate bureaucracy; the red tape that teachers have to follow when speaking to "phantom-type" parents, that don't follow through with recommendations discussed (together), and neglect the importance of their child's education, the minute they leave the room.

HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, parents... Stay informed! This is YOUR child we're talking about. And if you want that child to have a well-balanced education, then stay informed (*see note below). If you ask your child if he/she has homework, and they never do, and you're doubting in your mind that it's a true statement, CONTACT THE TEACHER! Ever heard of a phone, or e-mail??? OR, if your child is bringing home tests or grade sheets weekly, with failing grades, you might want to check that black hole they call a backpack (or in some instances, under the bed); you'll be surprised what you'll find in there, including unfinished classwork assignments (now known as homework), not to mention the answer for why those grades are so low!

*Don't get me wrong, I know it's hard: you've got jobs to do, other children to attend to, houses to clean, a life to live, etc... But that doesn't give you an excuse, explanation, or reason. He/she is your child and you just need to deal with it!

No comments: