Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cell Phones


Several years ago, Gary came home with this new-fangled thing, called a cell phone. It came in a case, about 10" x 10", and it plugged into the lighter in his van. It cost a fortune, and using it was even more expensive... He only had like 30 free minutes a month. But, he justified having it for his business.

Who knew how popular cell phones would become?!? Sometimes I think they're too popular. It drives me crazy seeing people on them ALL the time, in every place. Seriously, who are these people calling??? Especially before 7:00 AM? Don't get me wrong, I use my cell phone, too. It works great at Wal Mart when Jesse wanders off and then wonders where I am. I've downloaded games, that keep me occupied while waiting at the doctor's office. I've become quite the expert at text messaging, which I LOVE since I don't have to talk to get my message out! But...

I never knew how much I liked my cell phone before last Thursday! Just having my phone with me was a true blessing! I was able to not only store a phone number, without using a non-existant pencil and paper, but I also had very important information available to me, instantly, at my fingertips. I'm so glad I was born when all this technical stuff is available! It sure makes my life a whole lot easier!

No comments: