Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunrises and Bulletin Boards

Recently, I've been pretty fascinated by the sunrises that Jesese and I see each morning, on the way to work. here's a couple of examples...




Once a year each teacher is assigned to create the bulletin board in the front office. This year I decided to use three assignments the students recently finished: Life maps (a prewriting strategy), cause and effect for "Rikki Tikki Tavi," and a timeline for "Titanic." Plus, I added a few "little people," that I made with the Cricut; they're ALL in uniform... Too cute!

In the classroom, since I'm the reading and writing teacher, and I instruct my students to read Newbery winning books, I created a bulletin board, with several Newbery titles. It reads, "Reel in a good book and read!" The fishing pole is real; the books are just copies of the covers. I thought I was clever!

No comments: