Friday, December 3, 2010

One More Time

After fighting (pretty close to literally) with the doctor's office for the past week, I finally had the vein oblation on my right leg. This all started back in September, when I had huge, superficial blood clots in my right leg. At that time, I went to Urgent Care, which sent me to the emergency room, which sent me to Dr. Sumar's office. That's when things started to go amuck. I had leg mapping done, and an echocardiogram, but then they called (the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, on the home phone, while I was at work, and left a message) to tell me they cancelled my appointment for the oblation becuz they said, "My insurance would not cover the procedure." Now, considering the fact that I have tWO insurances, I was a bit confused, so I tried to call the office back on Friday. This was the beginning of the big run-around, which continued until yesterday at 9:45. Needless to say, I was not happy.

Fortunately, this was all finally resolved, and I went in at 7:30 this morning and had the procedure done. I am now wearing a "beautiful" black support hose on my right leg, which can't be removed for a week. I'm still kinda groggy, so hopefully this post makes sense. And, hopefully the oblation will keep my veins from exploding! I guess time will tell. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: