Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas at Our House

We had a very nice holiday at our house. With just Jesse and I it wasn't anything exciting, but we had a good time. For Christmas, this year, we decided we needed a stereo and a VHS/DVD player, so as usual, we bought our presents ahead of time. But, Jesse really wanted a movie theater-type popcorn popper, so I bought him one and kept it hidden until Christmas day. I also bought him a new tie (it's black and white and beautiful), a $50 gift card to Harkins theater, and filled up his stocking.
As I posted a couple of weeks ago, all I wanted was a kitten, but Jesse also bought me 2 pairs of earrings and a $50 gift certificate to Walmart.
At 11:00 we headed over to my mom's house for dinner. She also invited over her (recently widowed) friend, Beth. Mom bought both Jesse and me watches (that almost match), $20 Visa gift certificates and a $25 gift certificate to Olive Garden. After dinner we went to see "Les Mis" (the movie).
We intended to go to Harkins (we bought both mom and Beth gift certificates), but they were SOLD OUT for the next 3 shows, so we went to a different theater, and got into the 4:40 showing... This was a little late for us but OMGosh, it was well worth the wait!!! This movie was WONDERFUL! One of the best I've EVER seen!!! It was SOOOOOOO good! In fact, the next day I used my Visa gift card to buy the CD! On Saturday - 12/29, we went to the Fiesta Bowl Parade. We left home around 7:00 AM for a parade that started at 11:00, but we got really good seats, near the corner of Camelback and Central. It was only 37 degrees when we got there, but fortunately we were sitting right across the street from a vendor selling hot chocolate and fry bread.
It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO cold!
MSU and TCU played in the Buffalo Wild Wing (formerly known as the Insight) Bowl
Jesse said he'd buy me this car!
We also decided to go to the Tempe New Year's Eve party on Monday - 12/31. First, we used our Olive Garden gift certificate for dinner.
then we rode the train to Tempe. Unfortunately, Tempe lost their sponsor this year (the Fiesta Bowl moved to Glendale), and oh my... It was just pathetic! There were LOTS of people there, but NOTHING to do! So, after walking several blocks to see what was going on, and being pretty disappointed, we got back on the train, and got home in time to see the ball fall in New York, drink a glass of sparkling cider, and go to bed! (While on the train we also heard that the fireworks that were planned for 9:00 and 12:00 were CANCELLED!)
On Tuesday - 1/1/2013 we went to Paradise Bakery (so I could have a chocolate chip cookie) and then to the show to see "Guilt Trip." It was funny!

No comments: