Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Few Things

Well, it's been over a month, and I've done pretty good with my picture a day plan. I've gotta admit, this is more difficult than it seems; probably becuz I'm not working, or going outside of the house much, which limits my picturs to what's here... My critters. Don't get me wrong, I could take pictures of my critters every day and be happy; they truly bring me joy and I love them!!! It just might not make for a very interesting blog post. Some things, however can't be shown in pictures. For example, as of December 1, 2012 I am retired. I don't want to be retired; I honestly miss teaching. It feels like a part of me has died and way too prematurely. I became a teacher becuz I believed I had something to share and I still feel that way... Like I can make a difference in students' lives. Unfortunately, first no one wanted to hire me (which is a true mystery), but I'm pretty sure God has plans for me and I'm kinda waiting to see what those plans are. I do know that physically I'm struggling. I HURT! This pain keeps me from sleeping more than a few hours at a time, which makes me tired most of the time. This in combination with the depression has just taken a toll. Plus, Jesse believed it was time for me to file for disablity. I HATE THIS!!! I don't like thinking or talking about this, other than to say that due to this filing I'm not even able to substitute. We've hired Binder and Binder to help move the disability along, and they said it was "counter-productive" for me to work when I'm trying to prove that I can't. I have to admit that of the few days I did substitute I came home a couple of times remembering why I quit teaching last June. I'm just not sure it should be a permanent solution... Yet. As I've mentoned before, the trip to the emergency room in October, for my foot, ended up showing that I have kidney failure (stage 3). Since then I've given up Pepsi and chocolate (although I do eat sugar free chocolate). Basically, I've been eating very little sugar. I had to have a blood test done (the middle of January) and the results showed that I am VERY anemic (my iron saturation level was 25 when it was supposed to be 300 something). This ended up in me having 5 IV iron injections (the last one is 2/8). I also learned that my Vitamin D level is extremely low. The cure (other than a once a week Vitamin D pill for 5 weeks): Sunshine! This, I could seriously use. I need a beach! This would help the Vitamin D level AND the depression. And, as of January, I've become a columnist for the Beacon News Magazine... We will have to wait and see if this works out!

No comments: