Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Escaped!



I left the house today, for more than 15 minutes!!! I had to go to the bank, so on the way (actually a little bit out of the way) I stopped at Michael's. This truly is a dangerous place for me to go to, but I saw a commercial (all about scrapbooking) a few days ago, and they talked about transfer tape, and I knew I had to have some! Just so you know, I did very good... I spent less than $15... Yea me! While I was there I had to check out the $1 section; they always have something I can't live without. Today, I found a cute little magnet, and it reminded me of Ashlee, so I bought it. The picture doesn't do it justice, cuz it really is cute! It reads, "Celebrate - It's a good life." (Get in touch with me Ashlee, and I'll send it to ya!)


I looked at scrapbooks while I was there, but they were VERY expensive, so I decided I would go next door to Target, and see what they had. I found a cute one for about 1/2 the price as those at Michael's.

I needed a new scrapbook since I've spent a good chunk of spring break working with some old pictures of "places I've been to" and "things that I've seen."





FYI: It is very hard to take pictures of pictures... The flash makes the gloss on the pictures shine.


Ever since I've been "old" and need "large print" scriptures, I've needed a new case to carry my scriptures in. Unfortunately, the places that I know of to buy such a thing are on the other side of Phoenix, and I don't go that direction very often. Then, a couple of weeks ago, the lady that sat in front of me at church had her scriptures in a "purse." It wasn't the "typical" scripture case but it was PERFECT for carrying scriptures!!! Ever since then I've wanted one.




So... I checked out what was available at Target, and I found the cutest little purse, just the right size, and to make things even better, it's PINK!!!


While moving some storage cabinets I came across a few Easter decorations. One of the decorations is a bunny ferris wheel and what would be the seats are little egg holders (for colorful plastic eggs). I had an egg for each of the colors (pink, yellow, orange, blue, purple) except green, so I put it on the piano. I'm not kidding... Within 10 minutes my kittens found that egg holder, and the eggs have become the greatest toy. I'm now down to a yellow, blue and 1/2 an orange egg. The others are rolling around here, somewhere.

I also found some adorable window clings of bunnies at Walgreens... Had to have them!

And best of all... It's peanut butter egg season!!!

3 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

First and foremost you might be the most thoughtful person EVER!! Secondly when you're in 7th grade it's hard to realize how much you have in common with your teacher but as I grow older I'm seeing that you and I have A LOT in common! First, I have to seriously limit myself on how many times I can go to Michael's in a month!! If i don't then I'll buy the whole store! Secondly, the $1 spots are my favorite!! The target $1 spot is quite possibly the smartest thing they've ever done!! Anyway, I LOVED your post. The life is good girl is precious!! You're an angel! :)

Ginger said...

I love the peanut butter eggs too! I love the white chocolate ones... I bought a bag of mixed ones - milk and white chocolate... I eat the white and Brian eats the milk! It's perfect!

grandmadebbie said...

Robin so glad to hear that you love scrapbooking too. It seems to be my life,finally found something that I love to do. debbie